Re-Entry Process Explanation
Per an email from Crystal Paulk-Buchanan, Senior Public Affairs Officer with Georgia Emergency Management Agency/Homeland Security (GEMHSA) the re-entry process to studios and tower sites is coordinated locally by each individual county's EMA.
GEMA/HS repeatedly emphasizes the important role local broadcasters play in relaying life-saving information to the public during an emergency and that helping TV and radio stations resume broadcast is a critical service during disaster response and recovery operations.
Since each county will handle the re-entry process differently it is essential to take the follow steps:
- Go to: www.gema.ga.gov
- At the BOTTOM of the page is a county drop-down menu, select your county
- On the county homepage find "SEVERE WEATHER/HURRICANE UPDATE" link or similar link
- Click on "CRITICAL PERSONNEL RE-ENTRY PROCESS" link
- Fill out "RE-ENTRY PERMIT APP."
- Each individual seeking re-entry must have a completed personalized form, signed by a responsible requesting authority & identification that matches the name on the form.
For the six coastal counties currently under evacuation below are links to re-entry forms for each different local EMA.
McIntosh *Link to email contact for re-entry credentials
Camden *Link to general site, persons must visit office location to receive credentials