Winter Weather Awareness Week – Georgia Power Hosts PrepareAthon
Georgia Power PrepareAthon! To Help Customers Prepare For Winter Weather
New online video series highlights important safety information and resources during Winter Weather Awareness WeekATLANTA – Dec. 5, 2016 – Georgia Power is highlighting Winter Weather Awareness Week Dec. 5-9 during the company’s first-ever Georgia Power PrepareAthon! In collaboration with the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Georgia Emergency Management and Homeland Security Agency, the company created the online campaign to help its 2.5 million customers better understand how severe winter weather impacts the state and steps they can take in advance to be prepared. The Georgia Power PrepareAthon! features a new online video series, hosted on Georgia Power’s YouTube channel. Every day throughout the week, the company will spotlight specific preparedness tips or actions that customers can take to become winter ready. PrepareAthon! Video Schedule
- Dec. 5 – Regional Risks: Understand what weather risks impact Georgia, from the mountains to the coast.
- Dec. 6 – Watch vs. Warning: Knowing the difference could save your life.
- Dec. 7 – Staying Connected: Resources including emergency alerts & Outage Alerts to stay informed.
- Dec. 8 – Safety Around the House: Tips and tricks to stay warm, and safe, when winter weather strikes.
- Dec. 9 – Be Equipped with an Emergency Kit: Find out where to start and what to pack.