Bachelors/Associate Degree and/or minimum one years experience in multimedia journalism/content gathering. Bachelors Degree or Experience in Meteorology or
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, communications, or related field of equivalent combination of education and work experience with strong web & social skills.
- Degree or Experience in Meteorology or Atomospheric Science
- Fluency in English with strong spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Solid news judgment with good editorial skills.
- Excellent communication skills (oral & written) with coworkers and the public.
- Proficiency with computers, tablets and mobile digital devices.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Flexibility to work any shift, with some late notice of shift and schedule changes.
- Must have a good working knowledge of Lakana, Edius Editing, HTML, Photoshop, Social Media, Mobile with other web & social media skills.
- Work with other departments and staff on Contests, Promotions & Projects etc.
- Photo and Video Editing Skills.
- ENPS Newsroom software skills are a plus.
- Know WSI Max Weather & Graphics Systems
- Work with Newscast Producer to determine relevant weather content if you are doing the Weather that day
- Must be able to do Live TV & Radio On Air Weather in the Studio or Live Weather from outside the station at a Community Event.
- Must give station tours to community groups as needed
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The Digital Content Producer must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 30 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Especially with Weather you must be able to work a variety of odd hours shifts, weekends and holidays to help keep our Newsroom covered as News is a 24/7 business. Must be able to work well under pressure, handle breaking news and sudden changes all while meeting deadlines in a high stress in News Environment. Digital Content Producer / Meteorologist must maintain a current knowledge of industry best practices and technical advancements.
Full-time Employee Benefits include
Vacation, Sick, Personal, Medical, Vision, Dental, Life, 401k etc. after a respective waiting period
How to Apply:
Qualified Applicants should apply online using the job link below.
Your Resume should include references & 2 writing samples
plus any Weather Degrees and / or Weather Experience you may have.
First time users must create an account then apply and attach their Resume
Before you are hired a Pre-employment Background Screening is required.
Candidate must also have a Valid Driver’s License with a Good Driving Record.