Director of Engineering
The Director of Engineering manages all aspects of the Broadcast Station and Digital Operations. This position ensures that the station operates efficiently and in compliance with all federal, state and local agencies. The Director of Engineering supervises all maintenance and IT staff. This role oversees physical plant operations and improvements including all electronic television equipment as well as building-related issues. This position ensures the department effectively and proactively services the station’s newscast and content operations. The Director of Engineering also develops foresight into the technical future of broadcasting and identifies cost reductions and business opportunities through technology. This position is critical in the strategic plan for capital acquisitions for the broadcast station.
Previous employment in the capacity of Chief Engineer or minimum of 5 years as an Assistant Chief Engineer, in broadcasting, production, or institutional organization is preferred. Experience at a major news operation is highly desirable.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or trade school degree/diploma in electronics or broadcasting or equivalent technical training and / or experience.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possession of an FCC General Radiotelephone License or equivalent.
- Certification in broadcast engineering desirable.
- Should possess a general knowledge of all engineering fields including electrical, electronics, mechanical and civil engineering with a thorough understanding of electronics and broadcast engineering management.
- Must have strong understanding of IT systems.
- Thorough understanding of FCC rules and regulations.
- Good leadership skills.
- Ability to operate the station within an allotted budget.
- Ability to design and implement changes to meet current and future plant needs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Knowledge of general labor relations. Demonstrated experience in organizing and motivating personnel.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to identify how technology can reduce operating costs and provide new business opportunities.
- Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record.
We are always on the lookout for bright, creative talent to be part of the Meredith team.
Visit us today at: