Directs and coordinates installation, maintenance and repair of studio, transmitting and ancillary equipment in order to maintain competitive signals in the market while complying with all FCC technical requirements. Includes responsibility for telecommunications, computer and networking systems.
* Maintains station operation through preventative and corrective maintenance
* Establishes and follows routine maintenance procedures and schedules for all broadcast equipment
* Installs and performs maintenance on control consoles, audio routers, recording equipment, microphones, digital audio systems, transmitters, antennas, control systems, remote equipment, etc.
* Works with programming/promotion departments to coordinate and maintain remote broadcasts as needed
* Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations
* Advanced experience with cluster-wide audio routing, digital audio delivery, EAS, Studio Telephone and engineering IT systems
* Computer literacy in applicable software packages (Microsoft OS and Office Suite, Scott Studios/Wide Orbit automation, etc.)
* Ability to troubleshoot broadcast equipment to the component level
* Ability to work independently to troubleshoot/repair high-power FM transmitting facilities
* Extensive IT skills including local area and wide area networking
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Problem-solving ability and skill in prioritizing
* Knowledge of electrical systems, UPS, and standby generators and record keeping
* Knowledge of telephone systems and protocols including POTS, ISDN, T1, DSL and PRI circuits
* Interact with management and staff at all levels and ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines
* Minimum 5 years as Station Assistant or Chief Engineer
*Experience with managing studio and transmitter projects is required
Education and Licensing Requirements:
* Associates or technical degree in Broadcasting Engineering Technology or related field or equivalent level of experience
* SBE Certification a plus
* Must possess valid state driver license and provide required proof of personal vehicle insurance
* May require lifting or moving up to 75 lbs
* May require climbing ladders and working on elevated surfaces (e.g. rooftops)
* Requires good manual dexterity for soldering, use of hand tools and working on small components
* Ability to be on 24 x 7 x 365 callout for after hours emergencies or routine maintenance as the need arises
*Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps – the country’s biggest television rep firm – Gamut, and Videa.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
To apply for this job please visit cox.taleo.net.