Media Coordinator- PBA
Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA) is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service PBA is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WPBA-TV30 and the digital service Atlanta PlanIt. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org.
Job Title: Media Coordinator
Responsible for the digital asset management tools and library organization along with the integrity of media assets. This position has direct responsibility for workflow normalization for asset ingestion, defining and driving systemic resolution, the ingestion, annotation, cataloguing, storage, retrieval and distribution of digital assets. Position may also require editing.
Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Leads operations that assure appropriate metadata for broadcast assets to ensure accurate usage rights.
- Manages media transfers between content providers for PBA.
- Manages the broadcast Digital Asset system and facilitates the uploading of assets as well as maintaining and upgrading the system with software and hardware updates.
- Oversees the registration of internal and external users to the digital asset management system based on permissions.
- Manages the inclusion/training of internal and external agency partners in the consumption of digital assets in production.
- Keeps informed of latest digital asset management technology trends and innovations.
- Oversee and modify broadcast logs, operate Myers ProTrak.
- Schedule manipulate PBA media assets using flights and standard operating procedures.
- Keeps the media library database system for all broadcast personnel to search.
- Adheres to PBA Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Some college with coursework in Communication or Computer Science, supplemented by 3 years of related experience working with server based library systems and TV digital media asset libraries; OR Associates degree in Communications or Computer Science and 2 years of experience at a production facility.
- General knowledge of a broadcast environment with a focus on digital asset management systems and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of Myers ProTrak
- Customer service experience essential with the ability to manage priorities against tight deadlines.
- Detail-oriented, creative problem solver and ability to multitask in a high volume environment.
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision and takes initiative in expanding work knowledge
- Individual contributor and team player.
- Ability to make recommendations is a must.
- Available for flexible schedule.
- Video editing experience is a plus.
Requirements: Strong presenting skills, detail oriented and must possess excellent verbal and interpersonal communications skills. Must be highly motivated, enthusiastic and possess desire to achieve, with an ability to be a self-starter. Must be able to operate with flexibility, remain calm under pressure, be proactive and be results oriented. Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Work Environment & Physical Demands: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. Will require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 50 lbs.), filing documents, climbing, storing equipment and working around high voltage equipment. Proper lifting techniques required. Working in spaces/rooms with various temperatures and lighting, confined spaces, and broadcast equipment as found in a typical technical broadcast environment in addition to working outdoors in all types of weather conditions and temperatures.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Public Broadcasting Atlanta
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: www.pba.org
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org