Programming and Operations Assistant- PBA Atlanta
Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA) is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service PBA is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WPBA-TV30 and the digital service Atlanta PlanIt. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org.
Job Title: Programming & Operations Assistant
Summary: The primary responsibility of this role will be in support of the Programming and Promotions Operations of ATL PBA. The secondary responsibilities of this role will be in support of Studio Operations and Original Content.
Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- With supervision provided by the Creative Content Manager, the Operations Assistant will work in Avid Media Compose tagging network promos using company provided assets.
- Serve as back-up to broadcast services/FTP media transfers and uploads.
- Monitor/Send missing media to DCA.
- Regularly sweep FTP server to delete old files.
- With supervision provided by the Traffic Manager, the Operations Assistant will learn the efficiencies of ProTrak scheduling system and provide the traffic support for all programming and promotion scheduling.
- Assist Traffic Manager with corresponding with internal departments in regards to external programming inquiries.
Studio Operations Responsibilities:
- Assist Production Manager with meeting requests, set-up and AV needs for major meetings that occur in the studio.
- Assist Production Manager with set-up and strike of sets for studio taping.
- Assist Production Manager with production assistant work for Pledge taping.
- Train on studio graphics system, Xpression, in order to create a positive workflow in the graphic broadcast chain.
Original Content & Other Responsibilities:
- Attend all weekly department meetings.
- Adheres to PBA Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Television or Film.
- Outstanding “can do” attitude and enthusiasm to learn and contribute to a fully operational television station.
- Ability to learn many different operation systems and workflows.
- Experience working with Avid Media Composer, or equivalent editing system.
- AfterEffects experience preferred, not required.
- Customer service experience essential with the ability to manage priorities against tight deadlines.
- Detail-oriented, creative problem solver and ability to multitask in a high volume environment.
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision and takes initiative in expanding work knowledge.
- Individual contributor and team player.
- Available for flexible schedule.
Requirements: Strong presenting skills, detail oriented and must possess excellent verbal and interpersonal communications skills. Must be highly motivated, enthusiastic and possess desire to achieve, with an ability to be a self-starter. Must be able to operate with flexibility, remain calm under pressure, be proactive and be results oriented. Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Work Environment & Physical Demands: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. Will require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 50 lbs.), filing documents, climbing, storing equipment and working around high voltage equipment. Proper lifting techniques required. Working in spaces/rooms with various temperatures and lighting, confined spaces, and broadcast equipment as found in a typical technical broadcast environment in addition to working outdoors in all types of weather conditions and temperatures.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Public Broadcasting Atlanta
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: www.pba.org
To apply for this job please visit www.pba.org.