Events and Development Coordinator
Website Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA)
The Events and Development Coordinator is vital to the success of Public Broadcasting Atlanta’s fundraising efforts. Reporting to the Director of Individual Giving, this position will be responsible for executing the engagement strategies to help meet annual departmental goals for events and fundraising activities. This position is responsible for managing events and volunteers along with a personal portfolio of donors/prospects and will work in collaboration with the Major Gifts Officer to help elevate current Middle Donors to Major Donor levels. This position works very closely with the Database Manager to ensure the proper data entry and timely acknowledgement of all gifts.
The nature of the Events and Development Coordinator position is analytical and strategic. The right candidate is a skilled writer and communicator, able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, plan timelines and meet critical deadlines. Attendance is required at events that regularly take place outside the office and normal business hours.
• Develop, implement and manage all cultivation and fundraising events and support community engagement events throughout the year.
• Recruit and manage volunteers for events, radio and tv pledge drives, and community engagement events.
• Identify event opportunities with partners in the community.
• Develop relationships with local business for food and services for pledge drives and events.
• Manage all cultivation and stewardship activities for mid-level donors, including creation and execution of events, gift acknowledgments, thank-you calls, welcome mailings, tours and personal visits as needed.
• Works within the Individual Giving department to assist with the mid-level donor program (Cornerstone Society) to grow donor pool making gifts of $1,200+ and achieve individual giving revenue goals.
• Work with Database Manager to ensure appropriate coding in Raiser’s Edge database for reporting, acknowledgement, recognition, communications and continued cultivation of past, current and prospective.
• Record all significant donor interactions in Raiser’s Edge according to moves management guidelines.
• Provide donor assistance to any inquiries. Maintain personal contact and good relationships with donors through timely and polite responses to donor inquiries.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Four-year college degree required, or equivalent additional years of experience
• Minimum 2-3 years fundraising experience.
• Experience managing annual fund or leadership gift programs, with working of major gift strategies is a plus.
• Experience managing events
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Strong team player who seeks out ways to collaborate with co-workers and volunteers
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Experience with donor databases and segmentation. Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge database preferred.
• Excellent customer service for internal and external constituents
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion with highly confidential information
• Proven ability to work independently, handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Ability to work some evenings, weekends and other times as required
Requirements: Strong presenting skills, detail oriented and must possess excellent verbal and interpersonal communications skills. Must be highly motivated, enthusiastic and possess desire to achieve, with an ability to be a self-starter. Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 5 lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Public Broadcasting Atlanta
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: www.wabe.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com