On-Air Pledge Producer
Website Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA)
Reporting to the Director of Individual Giving, the TV/Radio Fundraising Producer will lead and execute successful public television on-air campaigns for PBA30. From conception and business planning through analysis of results, coordinating the work of diverse internal and external contributors to these efforts, in order to cultivate revenue from individuals in ways that are creative, efficient, scalable, and sustainable, the vision/Radio Fundraising Producer will be integral to station success.
Experience with planning television and radio pledge drives including goals, premium choices and studio production resources to maximum membership revenue is critical in this role. Important skills for this role are: ability to manage relationships with on-air hosts, studio crew, community partners and vendors; leading the pledge team while providing excellent internal and external customer service; multi-tasking and while making sure that premium offers and other details on air are accurate.
The PBA30/WABE Television and Radio Fundraising Producer will coordinate the creation of scripting and production of pledge breaks for all TV pledge programs, selected pledge program acquisitions, analyze pledge results, provide reporting as required and offer recommendations for enhancements of pledge strategies. Familiarity with public media fundraising and the Atlanta-area market is preferred.
• Create and maintain TV pledge programming schedule based on pledge revenue reports.
• Report out campaign results, analyze year to year campaign data to inform campaign strategy.
• Track TV pledge campaign results on a daily basis and adjust programming schedule to maximize results.
• Maintain clear, prompt, daily communication with station staff, including programmers, master control, traffic, promotions, digital, radio – to keep them informed about daily and weekly adjustments to the TV pledge programming schedule.
• Work with promotions staff to ensure that TV pledge programs are promoted via a calendar of TV spots, radio spots and live reads, web page posts, email and social media.
• Work closely with Premiums Associate to develop experiential premiums, optimize ticket offers and unique, effective thank you gift offers.
• Work with Events Associate to grow corporate and community volunteer groups.
• Produce Live and Pre-Recorded Television on air fundraising campaign spots, Roll-Ins and breaks.
• Work with Individual Giving/Donor Relations staff to develop annual strategy for growing concert ticket revenue and improving donor relations and communication with donors around concert ticket donations.
• Develop and execute integrated series of TV and Radio on-air fundraising campaign spots to highlight all ways to give: for example, matching gifts, vehicle donations, direct marketing, major gifts, direct marketing.
• Produce Integrated Calendar Year End and Fiscal Year End campaigns (TV, Digital & Radio).
• Produce support spots for pledge drive introductions, mission message, programming genre support spots and in-kind thank you spots.
• Oversee editing and build shows (insert breaks) for pledge programs.
• Coordinate development and creation of graphics.
• Write scripts and rundowns for on-air campaigns and membership spots.
• Preview pledge programs to produce message points for talent.
• Schedule technical crew for live pledge, pre-taped breaks, and recording testimonials and spots.
• Recruit and train diverse, multi-generational on-air talent, pledge producers, crew and quality volunteers.
• Manage arrangements for studio guests, including, but not limited to meals, hotel lodging and transportation accommodations.
• Work with TV production and engineering staff to upgrade/update studio production set, equipment and software.
• Work with Studio Production staff to coordinate studio production, lighting, video, audio and engineering efforts as they pertain to the pledge drives.
• Assist Lead Radio Pledge Producer with planning the pledge drive, writing scripts, and editing audio content from NPR.
• Conduct state-of-the-system research on My PBS, PledgeChat, Greater Public, TRAC Media, and other sources for trends, break points, message points, and best practices for on-air fundraising production.
• Research national benchmarks and implement Best Practices for On-Air Fundraising.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Four-year college degree required, or equivalent additional years of experience in TV/Radio production, Marketing Communications or related field.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Self-starter that is also a strong team player who seeks out ways to collaborate.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Ability to work evenings, weekends and other times as required.
• Must be highly motivated, enthusiastic and possess desire to achieve, with an ability to be a self-starter.
Work Environment & Physical Demands: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 5 lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Public Broadcasting Atlanta
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: www.wabe.org
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org