Reporter/MMJ – WRBL-TV
Reporter – MMJ
WRBL-TV is a Nexstar Station in Columbus, Georgia.
We are looking for a qualified Reporter / Multi-Media Journalist.
Duties include, but are not limited to Live Reporting during newscasts as well as cut-ins. Reporter must have the ability to enterprise “On Your Side” stories. Reporter must be a creative self-starter who is willing to go the extra mile and pitch in where needed. Reporter should possess solid news judgment with excellent writing and storytelling abilities. Reporter should have a working knowledge of the internet & web presentation. Reporter must a degree in Broadcast Journalism and 1-2 years of live television reporting experience..
- Reporter / Multi-Media Journalist must Shoot & Edit News Stories Daily.
- Reporter must have knowledge of the Freedom of Information Act & know how to use it.
- Reporter must be responsible with Company Equipment and Vehicles.
- Reporter must have the ability to work well with the others.
- Reporter needs to have Strong Time Management & Organizational Skills.
- The Reporter must have the ability to work well under pressure, handle breaking news, extreme pressure situations, last minute changes all while meeting station deadlines.
- Reporter must be willing and able to regularly engage on social media.
- Reporter may be asked to attend, speak or live report from Events as a Station Representative for Station Promotion &/or Community Events. Reporter must be able to lift and carry up to 30lbs of equipment. Reporter must be able to work in extreme outdoor weather conditions. Reporter must perform other duties as assigned. Management reserves the right to add or modify job duties as needed. This is not a complete list of job duties & responsibilities.
Must be able to operate Computers, Phones, Faxes, Scanners, Mobile IPhones , Police Scanners, Live TV Units & Wifi Equipment, Video Cameras, Microphones, Light and a Tripod.
AP ENPS Newsroom Software, Edius Non-Linear Editing, Word Press, Social Media, Email, HTML Web Skills and other related software.
Live reporting skills are needed. Reporter must be familiar with editing process and be able to enterprise lead story ideas. Producing is a plus. Reporter must have the ability to bend, squat, reach, lift, carry, setup & use a video camera to shoot stories and do live shots along with a tripod, light, mobile phone, Wi-Fi equipment, microphone.
Reporter must be able to lift and carry up to 30lbs of equipment.
Reporter must be able to work in extreme outdoor weather conditions
1-2 yrs. of experience of Live Television Reporting skills.
Bachelor’s Level Degree in Broadcast Journalism / Media / Communications
Schedule (Days & Times): as assigned
Reporter will have to work odd hours including nights, weekends and holidays this may vary from your usual schedule… to help fill in for others since News is a 24 /7 business.
Full-time Employee Benefits include: Vacation, Sick, Personal, Medical, Vision, Dental, Life, 401k etc. after a respective waiting period.
Candidates must have a Valid Driver’s License and a Good Driving Record.
Pre-Employment Background Screening & MVR are required.
How to Apply:
On -Air Talent Reporter Candidates must add a Video Reel Link to your Resume, then attach your Resume to the Online Application. Please use the Job Link below to apply online, if this is the first time you have applied with Nexstar you must create an account to Apply for this Job then Attach your Resume.
Columbus – 31901
To apply for this job please visit broadcastcareers-nexstar.icims.com.