The Technical Producer oversees the operation of the news production
automation system and will execute live newscasts and special projects from that terminal. This position coordinates the successful completion of “start to finish” daily work-flow. The Technical Producer enters graphics into show rundowns, and creates pre-production elements.
Minimum two years’ experience in a live broadcast television environment with hands-on experience in control room in areas such as switching, audio, graphics, character generator, robotics, and automated rundown software. Experience as a news or technical director strongly preferred.
Experience operating and maintaining automation tools and software preferred.
Experience using Avid editing software preferred.
Education: Completion of high school, or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in broadcast television production or media preferred.Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly motivated and confident in executing difficult and complex asks.
- Self-directed and able to function proactively to ensure results and goals are met as well as adhere to strict deadlines.
- Good leadership skills; ability to provide guidance and direction to a team.
- Ability to consistently function in a high pressure role and environment.
- Ability to quickly react to changing priorities and needs.
- Must be able to troubleshoot difficult problems and develop solutions to address root causes.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
We are always on the lookout for bright, creative talent to be part of the Meredith team.
Visit us today at:http://www.meredith.com/viewjobopenings