Traffic Coordinator- PBA
Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA) is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service, PBA is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WPBA-TV30 and the digital service Atlanta PlanIt. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org
Job Title: Traffic Coordinator
WABE is Atlanta’s number one station for public radio. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, innovative, reliable, results and detailed oriented person who demonstrates the drive to achieve. Responsibilities involve a variety of tasks including, but not limited to strong analytical skills, ability to evaluate appropriate information/data, must be able to manage multiple processes and be organized. Is required to show good judgment and critical thinking aptitudes. This position requires precise attention to detail, interpreting and following specific instructions. Strong communications skills furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Must maintain a positive working relationship with internal departments and embrace teamwork by taking the initiative. Ability to handle stressful situations and assist in the workflow of others to meet deadlines. This position will work under the supervision of the Traffic & Operation Managers. Radio Operations is a 24 hour a day department. After hours work may be necessary at times and will substitute for manager during leave time.
- Prepare, edit, print and assemble daily program logs.
- Process contracts and copy and enter information into traffic database.
- Communicate with Account Executives regarding underwriting copy and discrepancies.
- Schedule underwriters (commercials) on the daily program logs.
- Maintain a library report to give notification to AE’s when copy is due.
- Assists in the process in which copy gets recorded and entered into the traffic and media library.
- Daily reconciliation by way of re-adding actual play-back time.
- Working with programming, operations and other staff to ensure daily, monthly or quarterly changes are reflected in traffic database and on printed program logs.
- Ingest audio files into Enco system.
- Listening/verifying spots for accuracy.
- Maintain a monthly library purge.
- Deleting expired cut numbers out of the system.
- Run various reports to check for accuracy. (Product separation, expired copy, etc.)
- Receive audio from various sources and transfer to Enco. Assign media cut numbers to audio files.
- Basic clerical functions such as: maintaining contract and log files, filing orders and billing preparation.
- Any other duties assigned by mangers.
- Schedule weekly, daily and monthly promos plus any other interstitials needed.
- Maintain program related information announcers need for air shifts.
- Download weekly/daily promos from various websites.
- Add tags, audio clips and cut numbers to in-house promos.
- Adjust audio levels to our specifications.
- Add and process NPR Program Formats/Clocks to Allegiance Software. Cast out special programming.
- Notify and/or act on any program alerts from NPR. (Breaking News Coverage, Special Features, etc.)
- Move over and ingest weekly NPR Credits. Send monthly affidavits to NPR Headquarters.
- Check NPR credits for possible missing audio or mix-match cut numbers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experience and Education Requirements
- Four (4) year college degree desirable.
- Three years of traffic, promotion and programming experience.
- Ability to read and understand formats/clocks (e.g. bumps, segments, id’s) Implement new or revised programming. (This must be demonstrated during interview process)
- Must be able to calculate program time.
- On-Air Hosting along with copy writing/editing preferred.
- Allegiance Software a plus. Enco Software and Adobe Audition preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities on a daily basis and to follow through in accomplishing a varied series of tasks.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal and communication skills are essential in this position.
- Organized with good time management skills.
- Self-starter who can manage their own work flow.
- Can-do attitude with the ability to adapt to a changing work environment.
AETC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Public Broadcasting Atlanta
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: www.wabe.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com