TV Producer/Editor- PBA
Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA) is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service PBA is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WPBA-TV30 and the digital service Atlanta PlanIt. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org.
Job Title: TV Producer/Editor
PBA is looking for a Producer/Editor (Preditor) to join our production team. Producer/Editor will produce, shoot, write and edit high impact local short and long form video pieces, as well as production and editing of underwriting and promotional elements for PBA’s TV and Digital properties.
Producer/Editor must be able to multi-task and work a flexible schedule based on project and station needs.
The ideal candidates are possess a great eye and good content judgement, ability to think creatively and are crafty problem solvers.
- Creatively pitch ideas that are aligned with the programmatic direction and demographic focus of the station.
- Edit high quality and visually impactful videos under deadline pressure.
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
- Create unique video pieces evoking emotion.
- Candidate should be comfortable making creative decisions on the fly and producing interesting and well executed features without a lot of equipment or help.
- Turning out many diverse and interesting projects including local shows, special documentaries, promos and underwriting spots.
- Must be able to shoot in HD, edit on AVID and upload the finished product to the master control server for broadcast.
- Use the editing, videography and photography equipment to create compelling video pieces with purpose.
- Will operate as a producer, working behind the camera or editing the story.
- Must be able to work in a team environment as well as operating in all production capacities on your own.
- Effectively communicate with producers, editors and management.
- Must be self-motivated with a can do attitude to make a project work.
- Sometimes shooting at night or at the weekend is needed.
- Stay up to date with the latest post-production techniques.
- Use consumer analytics in determining content.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BA/BS in journalism, communications, film or related field.
- 3-5 years of production and editing experience, or an equivalent combination of skills and experience.
- Must have a strong demo reel that shows their creative storytelling ability.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Must have excellent editing skills and the ability to produce, shoot and edit a project from start to finish effectively under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Strong writing skills and know how to tell stories with natural sound or narration.
- Candidate should have knowledge of digital media platforms and a sense of how broadcast segments can also fit into a digital environment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or Lifting as required (up to 15lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
Please send resume, cover letter and demos to:
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: www.pba.org
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org