Weekend Director/ Photographer
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WGXA is looking for a creative and dedicated Weekend Newscast Director/Photographer. We are seeking someone who can see beyond the lens and bring back compelling stories. You will cover day to day general, in-depth features and investigative assignments. We are shooting full High-definition (HD) on media cards and editing on desktops and laptops. You should have strong editing skills in non-linear edit systems, possess excellent people skills, a strong work ethic, and a great attitude. A passion for story telling is absolutely essential in this position. Reliability on Saturdays and Sundays are a must – fill-in director responsibilities will vary.
Perform any production duties as assigned including:
- Direct and TD any assigned newscasts and productions
- Create graphics daily using Photoshop
- Train production crew in cameras, audio, graphics, etc.
- Supervise production crew on a daily basis
- Maintain production studio and control room
- Perform other tasks related to the position as assigned, which may include website contribution
- Maintain a positive attitude and forward thinking demeanor
- We are looking for an aggressive team-player who can produce good stories under tight deadlines
- Ability to edit and shoot general assignment stories, lives shots, and natural sound packages
- Experience directing and TDing newscasts
- Knowledge of production standards and equipment
- Full working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to clearly give direction to crew, while under pressure
- Excellent typing and spelling skills are necessary
- Ability to read and write, college degree preferred
- Must be able to lift & position 40 pound lighting instruments
- Must have valid driver’s license, a good driving record, and be able to operate ENG news vehicles
- Able to work nights and weekends: Night side shift Wednesday through Sunday 2:30pm – 11:30pm.
- At least one year of shooting experience and technical knowledge of editing and photo equipment is preferred
- News-gathering experience and limited writing is a plus!
- Knowledge of ENG equipment and network affiliate news organization
When applying online, please include a recent web link of your work. If you do not have a web link, please apply online and then send a non-returnable DVD of your work to WGXA attn. Weekend Director/ Photographer position 599 MLK Jr. Blvd, Macon, GA 31201. No phone calls or emails please.
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Please apply online by going to: http://sbgi.net/sbgi-careers/