Per an email from Crystal Paulk-Buchanan, Senior Public Affairs Officer with Georgia Emergency Management Agency/Homeland Security (GEMHSA) the re-entry process to studios and tower sites is coordinated locally by each individual county’s EMA.
GEMA/HS repeatedly emphasizes the important role local broadcasters play in relaying life-saving information to the public during an emergency and that helping TV and radio stations resume broadcast is a critical service during disaster response and recovery operations.
Since each county will handle the re-entry process differently it is essential to take the follow steps:
- Go to: www.gema.ga.gov
- At the BOTTOM of the page is a county drop-down menu, select your county
- On the county homepage find “SEVERE WEATHER/HURRICANE UPDATE” link or similar link
- Click on “CRITICAL PERSONNEL RE-ENTRY PROCESS” link
- Fill out “RE-ENTRY PERMIT APP.”
- Each individual seeking re-entry must have a completed personalized form, signed by a responsible requesting authority & identification that matches the name on the form.
The GAB suggests making multiple copies of the permit application.
For the six coastal counties currently under evacuation below are links to re-entry forms for each different local EMA.
McIntosh *Link to email contact for re-entry credentials
Camden *Link to general site, persons must visit office location to receive credentials